Chess is one of the oldest and the most popular board games, that’s played around the world. Used as a recreational game originally, it has evolved into being a successful career option for many. On a global scale too, Chess has gained prominence due to various World Championships and competitions. Even though a chessboard is a common sight in most of our houses, this game remains to be a mystery for many due to its complicated structure. But if learnt systematically under expert guidance, this game has the potential to benefit us in a number of ways.
Some key benefits of chess include:
- Chess contributes to one’s cognitive development greatly
- It is a great alternative to video games and other electronics
- Chess improves focus, strategic thinking, and farsightedness
- Helps develop memory, concentration and planning skills
- Besides this, it aids in overcoming many physical and psychological issues