Have you ever wondered what the most widely spoken languages are in the world? There are currently over 7000 languages in the world, in which more than half of the population speaks 23 of them only.
It is essential to know this information if you are planning a global expansion strategy and leveling up in the business world. Additionally, knowledge of more than one language benefits us both ways whether in the workplace or in personal development as it offers us new horizons and the opportunity to expand our cultural understanding.
Here are the 5 languages which are most frequently used in the world:
- Chinese: Chinese is the most spoken language in the world. There are 1.3 billion native speakers, of whom roughly 1.1 billion speak Mandarin. It’s an official language of mainland China, Singapore, and Taiwan. This language is one of the six official languages of the United States. Mandarin is a tonal language, which means the meaning of a word changes based on the way we pronounce it.
- Spanish: Spanish is the most studied language in the world. There are 22 countries over 4 continents whose official language is Spanish. This language is related to French, Italian, Portuguese, and Romanian. Spanish is the easiest and most accessible foreign language for English speakers to learn
- English: English is the largest language in the world for both native and non-native speakers. Like Latin or Greek, English is the universal language of today. This is the default language in international business, technology, tourism and much more. The English language belongs to Germanic family, a sub-family of Indo-European. This language is related to German, Dutch, and Frisian. English is analogous to opportunity and a better quality of life.
- Japanese: Japanese is a language isolate and one of the world’s major languages, with more than 127 million speakers in the early 21st century. This language is primarily spoken throughout the Japanese archipelago; there are some 1.6 million Japanese immigrants and their descendants living abroad, mainly in North and South America, who have varying degrees of proficiency in Japanese. You could speak at a conversational level in Japanese in about 3 months with consistent studying and speaking.
- French: French has been considered the language of culture. French language belongs to the Romance family. This language is related to Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, and Romanian. A fun fact about French language is that about 45% of English words are of French origin. There are 77 million native speakers and 203 non-native speakers of French. This language is relatively easy to learn for English speakers.
Besides these languages, German, Arabic, Hindi, Bengali, and Russian are also the most spoken languages in the world. People love to learn these languages which just not only benefit you in your business world or workplace but only it develops your personality. To learn languages like English, French, Spanish, Chinese, German, and Japanese you can start learning with us by getting enrolled at our online language classes.